Peanut Butter and Purple Onions

Sounds crazy until you try it.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Periodic Randomly-Selected Ireland Photo #1

Fair warning -- this has essentially nothing to do with food.

Two Novembers ago, my sister Devorit, my friend Gadget, my cousin, her husband, and I took advantage of surprisingly low airfares to jet over to Ireland. We spent, what, eight days or so driving through the hills and dales, more or less following a loop from Dublin to Limerick to Cork and back to Dublin (and with many frolics and detours in between).

I've been meaning to try to duplicate a Guinness gravy over which we oohed and aahed at an obscure golf club restaurant in the middle of an Irish nowhere, come to think of it. I'll add that to my list of things to really try to accomplish in 2006.

So anyway, Devorit had our mother's digital camera and she took gadzillions of pictures. And yes, that is a technical term. My photo program shudders when I click on that folder. The "I'm working, please wait" hourglass that blinks onto the screen has a plaintive cast. Plus, when I uploaded them, the pictures unfortunately got shuffled out of order. So I've rather shamefully never gone through them, really. Too intimidating a task.

Now yesterday I was looking for a different picture when my eye fell on the Ireland photo folder. And in a moment of whimsy, I opened it and clicked at random. And this is what I saw:



Indiscriminate dumping: RIGHT OUT.
Discriminate dumping: carry on.

Thus begins a PBPO occasional series: randomly-selected Ireland photos. Stay tuned.

7 Comments:

  • At 5:54 AM, Anonymous Ellie said…

    Hehehe, gotta love random signs :D Can't wait to see more of your and Devorit's Ireland adventures!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Devorit said…

    You've been watching Project Runway, haven't you?!? I do love Tim.

    as for the sheer volume of pictures allegedly taken by me . . . um. . . yeah, ok, I have no defense. There really are a gazillion. Perhaps a gazillion and one. But at least I got some good ones like that sign and they aren't all "oh, look, another green field! How unusual for Ireland."

     
  • At 12:24 PM, Blogger BNA said…

    Hopefully the other ones'll be funny too, Ellie!

    Seriously, D. You did good.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous aishwarya rai said…

    nice site
    http://www.aishwaryaraiworld.org/

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Anonymous fitness said…

    nice site
    http://www.fitness-world.org/

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Anonymous language said…

    happy site
    http://www.info-language.com/

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Anonymous outsourcing world said…

    nice site
    http://www.outsourcing-world.org/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home